EARTH MONTH COUNTDOWN CONTEST
The Earth Month Countdown (the “Contest”) is presented by Fido Solutions, operated by Rogers Communications Partnership (herein referred as "Fido" or “Contest Sponsor”) and is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, excluding employees of Fido Solutions, operated by Rogers Communications Partnership (herein referred as "Fido" or “Contest Sponsor”), its parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled.
No purchase necessary. All times are Eastern Daylight Savings Times.
The Contest is divided in two phases as follows:
- Phase 1 - Registration & collection of contest entries - is running on weekdays from April 9, 2012 until April 24, 2012, with each weekday starting at 00:00:01 am (except for April 9, 2012 starting at 8:30 am) and ending at 11:59:59 pm (“Weekday(s)”). Entries in the Contest may only be obtained during Phase 1.
- Phase 2 - Contest Entries Allocation Period - starts at 00:00:01 am on April 25, 2012 and continues until 11:59:59 pm on April 27, 2012.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
2.1 PHASE 1: REGISTRATION & COLLECTION OF CONTEST ENTRIES
ENTRIES IN THE CONTEST MAY ONLY BE OBTAINED DURING PHASE 1.
2.1.1 Registration- Visit and log in the Contest Website fidocountdown.ca (the “Contest Website”).Click “ENTER CONTEST” to access the entry form using your Facebook account information. To register in the Contest, complete the entry form in full and submit by clicking the “ENTER CONTEST” button. Your acceptance of and compliance with the present contest rules is mandatory.
You will collect twenty-four (24) contest entries by registering in the Contest.
See Rule 2.2. (Phase 2: Contest Entries Allocation Period) below on how to allocate these twenty-four (24) initial contest entries in the contest prize draws.
2.1.2 Collection of additional contest entries:
Once you have registered in the Contest, you may obtain additional contest entries as followed:
On each weekday of Phase 1, one (1) prize will be posted on the Contest Website (each referred herein as a “prize”), for a total of 12 prizes to be posted during Phase 1.
Once you have registered in the Contest, log in the Contest Website on each Weekday of Phase 1 and click on the “+3 entries” button of the prize that is posted that Weekday. By clicking on the “+3 entries” button of a prize as instructed, you will earn three (3) contest entries in the draw of that prize.
You must click on the “+3 entries” button of a prize during and on the Weekday the prize is posted. Once a Weekday has elapsed, it will no longer be possible to click for the prize that was posted on that Weekday.
2.2 PHASE 2: CONTEST ENTRIES ALLOCATION PERIOD
Entrants having registered and entered the Contest and having earned contest entries in Phase 1 will be advised by email of the Contest Entries Allocation Period. Entrants may re-allocate their contest entries among the prizes as many times as they want during Phase 2.
2.2.1 During Phase 2, entrants will have the opportunity to allocate all the contest entries earned during Phase 1 to the prize(s) of their choice. For clarity, “all the contest entries” means the contest entries collected by registering in the Contest (See Rule 2.1.1.) and the additional contest entries collected by clicking the “+3 entries” button of a prize (Rule 2.1.2.). 2.2.2 The contest entries collected by clicking for a prize and already allocated to that prize will remain in the draw of that said prize in the event the entrant does not re-allocate these entries.
In the event an entrant does not allocate his/her contest entries to the prize(s) of his/her choice, the 24 contest entries collected by registering in the the Contest (Rule 2.1.1.) will be allocated throughout the 12 prizes, with two (2) contest entries per prize.
2.2.3 In the event no contest entries have been allocated to one or several prizes, each entrant having registered in the Contest will receive one contest entry in the draw(s) of such prize(s).
PRIZES – Entrants are eligible to win the prizes described below. Prizes will be revealed randomly on the Contest Website throughout Phase 1 and the order in which the prizes appear below does not correspond to the order in which the prizes will be revealed on the Contest Website. Entrants must visit the Contest Website each Day to see which prize is revealed that Day.
(a) One (1) nature retreat in the Canadian Rockies for two
The prize includes economy return airfare for two (2) persons to Calgary from the Canadian airport closest to the winner’s place of residence with exact date to be determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion, and four (4) nights standard hotel accommodations for two (2) (based on one room double occupancy) at the Fairmount Chateau Lake Louise Hotel.
The winner and guest shall depart from the same location and travel together on the same itinerary. Winner and guest shall be responsible for all other charges not specifically mentioned as part of the prize, including without limitation, insurance, all transportation to and from the airport, ground transportation, departure tax, insurance, fuel charges, travel related fees and items of a personal nature, including but not limited to food, beverages, room service, wine and bar charges, gratuities and local and long distance telephone calls. Winner and guest must follow all instructions of the Contest Sponsor and facility staff or participation in the prize package may be forfeited, in whole or in part.
Winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining their own travel documents such as passport or travel visa in advance of the departure date, and are responsible for ensuring that all travel papers required for travel to the destination city are in good order, and are valid prior to, and for the entire duration of the trip. Contest Sponsor is not responsible in the event winner and/or guest are denied travel on the select airline, for whatever reason and any unused portion of the prize will be forfeited. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to change or cancel the booking and to vary itineraries and to substitute hotels in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability, blackout periods, government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations. Contest Sponsor are not responsible for any other travel arrangements affected due to cancellation, changes or rescheduling of any dates and Contest Sponsor reserves the right not to cover costs related to missed/delayed flights. A valid major credit card must be provided by either the winner or his or her guest for hotel check-in and incidentals. No changes to travel dates or passenger names are permitted once the booking has been made. The winner and his or her guest must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Approximate maximum retail value of the prize is $4,500 in Canadian funds, based on a departure from Montréal (Québec) to destination. Actual retail value of the prize depends on location of prize winner’s residence, flight schedule and destination. Should the winner reside within driving distance from destination, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to change the airfare to land transportation. No financial compensation will be made when or if value of prize awarded is different from the approximate retail value indicated in the present rules.
(b) One (1) Zongshen HQ Eclipse electric scooter with remote start and 70 km range, having an approximate retail value of $1600.
The color of the scooter and options awarded may differ from the photo of the scooter used in the contest advertising. In the event of a discrepancy between the description herein and the scooter awarded, the description of the scooter in the scooter dealer brochure shall prevail.
The color of the scooter and options awarded are at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor and may vary according to the scooters available.
All associated charges and expenses are payable by the winner; this includes, but is not limited to, registration, licence, gasoline, mandatory insurance and any normal maintenance costs not covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Sales taxes, preparation and destination/freight charges will be included in the prize.
(c) One (1) $500 Mountain Equipment Coop (MEC) Gift Card redeemable at MEC. (d) One (1) Honeywell Prestige HD programmable thermostat having an approximate retail value of $585 (installation not included which is the responsibility of the winner). (e) One (1) Samsung (D5500) LED TV having an approximate retail value of $850 (full HD 1080p resolution, and HDMI, USB, Ethernet, and WiFi options). (f) One (1) Toyota Prius c 2012
One (1) Toyota Prius c 2012 with standard options included, having an approximate retail value of $25,340. Freight and PDI are included. Customization and addition of any optional features will be at the sole expense of the winner. Car will be delivered to the Toyota dealership closest to the winner’s residence. Registration, license, insurance, gas, maintenance and any other expenses are the sole expense of the winner.
Conditions related to the vehicle
(i) In the event of a discrepancy between the description herein and the vehicle awarded, the description of the vehicle in the Toyota dealership brochure shall prevail. (ii) The color of the vehicle and options awarded may differ from the image of the vehicle used in the contest advertising. (iii) The color of the vehicle and options awarded are at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor and may vary according to the vehicles available. (iv) All associated charges and expenses are payable by the winner, including but not limited to, vehicle registration, licence, gasoline, mandatory insurance and any normal maintenance costs not covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Sales taxes, preparation and destination/freight charges will be included in the prize.
Conditions Related to Taking Possession of the Vehicle
(i) The winner must show a valid photo ID to claim the vehicle. Vehicle will not be released without the winner being present and adequately identified. (ii) At the time the winner (or person designated by the winner) takes possession of the vehicle, he or she must hold a valid driver's licence and provide proof of adequate automobile insurance. The winner must not have a criminal conviction associated with the use or operation of a motor vehicle. (iii) The winner shall take possession of the vehicle at the dealership designated by the Contest Sponsor based on the dealership's proximity to the winner's place of residence and availability of the vehicle model awarded as a prize. The winner (or person designated by the winner) must take possession of the vehicle at the designated dealership within 30 days of receiving a notice from the dealer stating that the vehicle is available. Should the winner fail to take possession of the vehicle within this period, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the prize at its sole discretion. (iv) Should the vehicle model not be available at the dealership nearest to the winner's place of residence, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to select any other dealership. (v) Should the winner be unwilling or unable to accept the vehicle for any reason, no form of compensation will be awarded. (v) The winner should allow four to six weeks for delivery of the vehicle to the designated dealership. (g) One (1) year of public transit
One (1) full-year pass for public transit in the city in Canada where winner resides, having a maximum total retail value of $2,000.
In the event the winner resides in a city or area where there is no public transit, prize will be awarded as a cash prize. Prize will not be awarded in cash if public transit is available in the city or area where the winner resides.
No financial compensation will be made when or if value of the one year of public transit awarded is different from the approximate retail value indicated in the present rules.
(h) One (1) Canine super care package having a total retail value of $500, including one (1) Orbit Dog Bed, an assortment of Cain & Able personal pet care products and one (1) $150 gift certificate redeemable online at PetOnly.ca, except in the event winner resides in the province of Québec, in which case the gift certificate will be redeemable at a Mondou location. (i) One (1) Samsonite Solar laptop backpack package having an approximate total retail value of $610, including one (1) Samsonite Solar laptop backpack (sun power recharges laptop), including Kindle, WIFI, 6” E Ink display e-reader and $200 Amazon eBooks credit. (j) One (1) Kona Bike PH.D 2011 speedbike having an approximate total retail value of $1,500 (Race Light 7005 aluminum butted tubing with smooth welds, Carbon Race fork, Shimano 105 derailleur in front and Ultegra GS in back). (k) One (1) Asus U43JC-X1 netbook with Windows 7 having an approximate retail value of $1,000 and including Bamboo battery with 10-hour life and NVIDIA Optimus graphics power management. (l) One (1) NatureMill ULTRA Automatic Indoor Composter having an approximate retail value of $ 400.
The color of the prizes awarded and options/features included may differ from the photo of the prizes used in the contest advertising.
- DRAW -A random draw via the contest server by a representative of the Contest Sponsor or the independent judging agency from all contest entries received for each prize will be made around 9:00 am on April 30th, 2012 at the Revolver 3 office at 4529, rue Clark, 3rd floor in Montréal (Québec).
REVEAL OF POTENTIAL WINNERS ON THE CONTEST WEBSITE
5.1 The names of the selected entrants (“Potential Winners”) will be posted on the Contest Website on April 30th 2012 between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Selected entrants will be contacted by email at the email address indicated on their entry following the posting of their names on the Contest Website.
- If a selected entrant cannot be reached within five (5) business days following the first attempt of contact, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to select another entrant or to cancel the prize.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable, redeemable, nor refundable and are not replaceable if lost/stolen. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash, except for the one year of public transit prize if applicable. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
- To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question administrated by email or by phone; and may need to return a signed Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. Trip winner’s guest must also sign and return a Declaration and a Liability/Publicity Release prior to being ticketed or within such other period as Contest Sponsor may specify. Trip winner’s guest cannot be changed after the Declaration and Release are received.
- Contest Sponsor’s rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion, the administration of the Contest and the awarding of prizes.
- By entering this Contest and/or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or voice, statements, any photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising agencies in any medium or format without further notice or compensation.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. To receive a copy of the list of the winners, visit fidocountdown.ca.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor.
- By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize.
- This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Contest Sponsor, subject to the authorization of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
- Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Contest Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the authorization of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of Facebook account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. All entries must be submitted from a valid Facebook account. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the contest server machine(s).
- Any litigation in Quebec respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties to reach a settlement.
- In the event of any discrepancies between the English and French versions of these rules and regulations, the English version of the rules and regulations shall prevail.
Revised – April 11, 2012